Monday, August 5, 2013

The Tree's are talking!

Chalk & Charcoal
This is a study of a tree from my imagination, the only reference I had was a branch, around shoulder height. This actually broke off at work during the heavy snow earlier this year. I begin with creating gestural marks, letting my subconscious do some of the work, whilst still maintaining control and achieving the organic movement of the tree. I then started to go into detail with charcoal and a little pencil using the bark and crack marks from the branch. I'm not sure what species of tree it is in my mind, but I felt very connected with this drawing and will be producing more... but as tree spirits! This is all toward an exhibition I will be having with another Fairytale Artist down at the 'Isle Gallery, Tynwald Mills.

No comments:

Post a Comment